Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thanks...

This post is completely for gratitude.  I am grateful for all of the ways I have been prepared for this journey.  I am grateful for all for the trials that made me a stronger person.  I am grateful for struggles with family as I was growing up that kept me strong.  I see the purpose in all of the hard things in my life.
This particularly has helped me to have a more grateful outlook on life.  Who would have ever thought that I would be grateful for all the crap that I have had to endure throughout my life?  I see more clearly all the lessons here and there.  I'm pretty sure that this new outlook on life comes because I have had to truly rely on God for everything in Jake's situation.  I have very little choice if I want to heal my son.  I have to rely on Heavenly Father's inspiration to make it.
I am so grateful for the ANGELS who have been sent to help me, both heavenly and earthly angels.  I have been blessed with people in my life who support, understand, and love me.  I have been provided with the resources to help Jake and to help myself.
Here is the great lesson in all this, of which I am truly grateful for: Jake is showing me how to parent from God's perspective.  Here is this boy who doesn't trust or love me.  He wants to do everything for himself and thinks he has given himself all things required for his survival.  It's so weird, but everyone knows that when children are young their parents provide everything for the child's survival, there is no question.  He also wants to do anything he feels like and truly believes that there are no consequences, or that they won't be enforced.  I believe that Heavenly Father looks down on us and sees a bunch of Jakes.  We think we have all that we have because we worked hard to get it, or that we are responsible for ourselves.  When it really is God's blessings that give us all that we have.  We think that because we want to do something that we should be able to without consequence.  We believe that the rules just might not apply to us.  Our intellect, our opportunities, our children, our very lives are granted to us by a loving and personal God.  And he would cease to be God if his laws were not enforced in this life or the next.  Through this current lesson I choose to learn to love and trust the Lord by realizing the blessings he gives us and being truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment