Saturday, October 3, 2009

General Conference... Is there any question the Lord knows us?


I love General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This semi-annual broadcast is where we get to hear the word of the prophets of God concerning our day. There had never been a better time for us to have revelation given to us by modern day prophets!
I have been stretching my brain trying to know what is best for Jake. I have struggled and struggled with feelings of doubt and inadequacy. If there is anything I have learned through the past few years of trials is that I have to be willing to give my will to the Lord for him to be able to trust me with his guidance. I know I'm getting all preachy, but this is what it is all about. I get to learn through all my struggles and burdens how to let God into my life. I get to learn how to apply the Atonement of Jesus Christ to enable me to do miraculous things! Our family is blessed with this trial, (yes, I said 'blessed') to help us become a more faithful family. We have to opportunity to learn and grow stronger as we rely on the one true God for guidance and inspiration. I am so blessed to know the true gospel of Jesus Christ and have personal revelation regarding my life and the life of my children. What a comfort knowing that if I do my very best to do what is right, that the angels will not be restrained from being my constant companions!
Many of the apostles have spoken today about learning and growing through revelation given by the Holy Ghost. The Spirit can testify of truth, comfort the soul, and lighten our burdens. I have experienced all of these. I needed to hear this council given to remind me that through all of this, I can receive strength and ability to make it! Jake can be healed! I know that God knows me and my needs. I can't deny that the instructions given by his apostles are from God. I just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment